- Charlotte loves to clap! She'll clap for herself, clap for you, clap just for the noise. Such a sweet little sound of her tiny little palms slapping against each other. I am working on the high fives :)
- Dadadada is her favorite "word" right now. She can say mamama and byebyebye, even a little hi-ya but her favorite by far is Dada. We are working really hard on connecting that noise with her Dad and are starting to sign the word "dad" when she says it too. She is getting really really good at mimicking. You can see the concentration on her face and even how she moves her mouth when she is watching and hearing you say something and she works so hard to make the same sound.
- As you can see in our last post, Charlotte loves climbing the stairs now. She has made it up 8 now (with me behind her!) I have come to the conclusion that she will climb them regardless, so we need to teach her how to do it safely. She has not had any accidents and has been very sturdy on her feet.
- It's old news that Charlotte is crawling, but she is super fast now. She'll get places before I know it and disappear around a corner and just grin when you come get her. She does prefer to stay in the same you that you are in - and if you are on the couch, she is at the ottoman right in front of you just wanting to smile with you.
- We are in big girl car seats now! It definitely changes how we do things when we are getting out and about. She has to be buckled and unbuckled at every stop instead of just getting in and out with her infant seat. Since we don't have her infant seat anymore, she has to sit in the carts and highchairs like a big girl which is great for playing and eating finger foods, but not so much for drinking a bottle or when she is sleepy. It is a change for sure!
- We have our 9 month check up on Wednesday, so we'll have updates on height, weight, and all the doctor stuff then :)