Tuesday, February 24, 2009

1 Month and Counting!

Charlotte is a month old! I cannot believe it! This tiny little baby is growing up so fast. We had her 1 month checkup and she is weighing in at 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Again, I cannot believe it - 2 pounds in a month. We could see her little cheeks filling out and her fingers getting longer, but I had no clue she had grown that much. The doctor was thrilled with her progress and even says she is holding her head up and starting push up and try to roll over early. What a special girl! She is getting so much more alert and has great awake times - I love having this time with her. Her blue eyes just melt me!

Over the past month Jeff and I have been able to take some time to get away on our own - it is hard being away from her, but I think it is great for us to have at least a bit of time just us. She has been "baby-sat" by my mom, Jeff's parents, my grandparents, and Jeff's brother and sister-in-law. We took this time to get coffee, see a movie, buy a car, and get some work done. We feel very comfortable getting out with her and so she has been to church, small group, target, out to dinner, Apple, NorthStar, and various friends and familes houses. It already feels normal having her with us and so far, she is pretty easy to tote around!

Well that is the update for now! I keep meaning to update our blog, but of course I am a bit busy lately ;) The most daunting thing was getting caught up on everything, so now that I am caught up, I should be much better about being able to sit down and write a quick post about what Charlotte did that day. Keep an eye out on facebook and gallery.houseoflyons.net to see new photos of our Charlotte Bug!







No comments:

Post a Comment