Wednesday, January 14, 2009

35 week OB appt

I just got home from my 35 week doctors appointment! I had an ultrasound today so mom went with me to take a peek at the little one. Again, can't scan the ultrasound photos, sorry. With her being so big now the pictures are not as defined so it's a little tough to pick her out of the photos anyway. Most of the time today was spent looking at blood flow to and from her heart, umbilical cord, placenta, and uterus. I never knew this was all checked so specifically! Next week will focus on her growth, but for now all looks good!

After the ultrasound I met with the doctor to get my report. Blood pressure was a little high but ok, urine test will come back today or tomorrow to check protein levels for pre-eclampsia. (update: came back today- it is still elevated, but remains steady and below the mark for pre-eclampsia) She also checked and I am not dialated at all but she has dropped and is in the "birthing" position with her head down and butt to my ribs! Ouch!

Dr. Rupe was glad that we have hit the 35 week mark and is comfortable now with delivering whenever she needs to. We talked about what we are looking at for deliver date and while these things are never for certain, it will be by 38 weeks for sure. Crazy huh!? So in less than 3 weeks our daughter will be here with us. That is pretty nice to know. Of course it could always be sooner and could change whenever, but that at least gives us an end point. I am growing more and more uncomfortable everyday so that is good news for me. With her nursery done and the house coming along nicely I can be ready for her anytime now! Thanks for all of your help and encouragement!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for good OB appts!! Had one myself yesterday. We made it past the big 12 week mark so I am def breathing easier. It was such a relief to hear that heartbeat :o). So glad everything is looking really good and Miss Lyons is getting prepared. I remember getting to see Maya at 8 months and it was so neat to see her face (and those lips and cheeks!) Keep us down in the Atl updated on her arrival. But glad she is safe to come anytime now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! within 3 weeks! I am so excited and cannot wait to meet her!!!

    ReplyDelete