1. Babies babies and more babies! My dear friends Wade and Allison Combs are bring Laney Sinclair Combs into the world today!! I am so so so excited for them. Their 2 year old son Hazen and Charlotte are super buds, I know he is going to be a great big brother! I have been praying for them all day during Allison's scheduled C-section and can't wait to meet Laney tomorrow morning. AND more awesome baby news, my lifelong friend (and pastor) Josh Howerton and his wife Jana have been in the adoption process and received news that they have been chosen! They will travel to KY on Monday to pick up Eliana Charis Howerton, a beautiful 1 month old baby girl! I am beyond excited for them and the Howerton clan. Take a peek at Josh's FB status below - so cool!
The Combs Family (until today!)
2. I am now providing childcare for 4 kids part time instead of 6 kids part time - amazing what that changes for me! Instead of having 5 kids (including Charlotte) 5 days a week, I'll have 3 kids 3 days a week, 5 kids 1 day a week, and then 1 day off! This will last about 6 more weeks and then I'll just have 2 kids 3 days a week and 2 days a week of. I know, it's a lot of numbers. What it really means: my sanity level feels a little more back to normal, my house is a little more tidy, and I'm really looking forward to those mid-week days off. It may not last forever for financial reasons, but I'm basking in it for now!
This is me and Charlotte doing puzzles, just the two of us :)
3. Stockpile! I know I have posted this before, quite a few times actually. I tried a couple organizational things with it over the past few months and nothing really worked well. This time I have it all downstairs in only 2 places, instead of spread out in 3+ places on 2 levels. The biggest success here is that I have finally made my stockpile list! (Dry goods is done, fridge and freezer should be done soon) I think it will be much easier to get my list and such done. Woohoo!
Can goods on shelves, boxed items in tubs below (will be labeled)
Kitchen cabinet for cereal, chips, crackers (takes up too much space in a tub)
Sample of my stockpile check list
4. I know you aren't supposed to list people, but Charlotte has just been super cute lately in developing her fashion sense, I have to count that as a Fab!
5. Low Carb. We are back on the low carb diet! While this is not my favorite diet, I am listing it as a Fab so that it can be motivation to keep on keeping on, and because it is a diet that I know works (I lost 70 pounds on it 2 years ago!) so it is fabulous :) Sadly, I have gained backed that 70 pounds so it feels very much like I am starting over. In some ways it was easy to lose that 70 pounds over 6 months, but thinking about it now, I can't imagine doing this for 6 months more, longer than that if I want to actually get down to my goal weight! But anyway, that is more info than this post requires for a Fab.