Monday, February 6, 2012

More Pinterest Recipes!

I have been cooking up a storm thanks to Pinterest!  I have had some frustrating moments with things that don't turn out like they are supposed to, or recipes that aren't as specific as I need them to be.  But overall, it has been great adding things to our menu, I'm hoping I'll keep them in our rotation.

The first recipe that will definitely be sticking around, is Sour Cream Chicken!  It was really easy to make, and had the perfect blend of crunchy stuffing on top, and very juicy chicken. I usually don't go back for 2nds and I did for this one! This is going to be one of my go-to chicken dishes, it's made up of things I usually have in my fridge or pantry all the time.  I'm not good at taking photos as I go as most food bloggers do (I'll try to get better!) So you'll just have to settle for this bad picture of my plate with my sour cream chicken, green beans, and mac and cheese :)



You'll notice the green beans on the plate?  They were actually replacements for the Microwave Potato Chips (think Zaxby's/Logans) that were major duds. They didn't crisp up at all, just got majorly soggy. I figured it was too good to be true, but there were lots of comments from people who loved them, so I thought I'd give them a shot.  One recipe marked off the "to try" list!  Oh well, gotta try new things, right?!





Oh, and Charlotte enjoyed her Apple/Grape Cars for lunch the other day!  She loved eating the "wheels"  (sorry, no pic from me, just a screen shot)



The Super Bowl was this Sunday, we had a little party just the 3 of us ;)  I did go the easy route on 3 dishes - I got TGI Friday's frozen appetizers for Jeff's Buffalo Wings, my Potato Skins, and our Spinach and Artichoke Dip.  For frozen appetizers, they were pretty good!!



I did try my hand at one new Pinterest recipe for the big game: The Peanut Butter Mini Brownies. Wow-o-wow were these good!  I thought they were too gooey and put them back in for a couple more minutes, but I shouldn't have.  They didn't "cave in" quite like they should have, but I was still able to get some peanut butter in them and of course top them with chips!  Jeff and I both thought they were delicious.  They are super rich though, so watch out!



I was going to make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie, but realized I bought the wrong kind of crust, so that's back on the menu for later.  Instead, I had a box mix for Lemon Squares so I went ahead and made those.  I also used my crock pot for a Super Bowl must have -  Chili Con Queso!  (Velveeta, Rotel, and 1/2lb ground beef)



Overall, we had a great Super Bowl, just the 3 of us. (and all that food!)

 

My menu for the next 2 weeks has these new Pinterest recipes: Slow Cooker Pork Chops, Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, Crockpot Chicken Tacos (may do chicken or pork), Grilled Cheesy Potatoes, Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake, Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken, Taco Casserole, Heart Shaped Muffins (for MOPS), Breakfast in a muffin tin, Crescent Roll Cheesecake, and I'm gonna try the Sliced Baked Potatoes again, with smaller potatoes.   Wow! That's a lot of food to cook!! (You should see how full my fridge and pantry are!)  I'm not going to  link them all, you can find them all here.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment